UTC-274 • USB-C Tester
USB-C Automation Test Tool
UTC-274 is a test automation tool for testing two USB-C products in production line and R&D environments. UTC-274 features a versatile and reliable way of testing connector pins of the USB-C interface. UTC-274 is delivered with an SDK with a set of automatic test script samples and support for Python scripting.
UTC-274 test coverage includes:
• Video up to 4K@60Hz and 8K@30Hz (4:2:0)
• DisplayPort Alternate Mode
• Power Delivery 3.1
• USB 2.0 & USB 3.2
• USB4 mode check
• EPR test functionalities.
- Test DP Alt Mode, Power Delivery and USB speed
- 2 upstream USB-C test ports for testing 2 DUTs or 2 ports on a DUT with a single test instrument
- DP Reference Sink support up to 4K@60Hz and 8K@30Hz (4:2:0)
- Internal Power Delivery Sink 15W and Source 65W capability
- Support USB 2.0, USB 3.2 (5Gbps/10Gbps) enumeration.
- Test USB-C connector pins soldering and assembly quality with a single cable insertion
- High level API for easy integration
- Automated tests for USB-C™
- Support EPR function test up to 240W Source and Sink
- USB4 mode check function
Unique Electrical Tests
UTC-274’s Electrical Test can verify whole USB-C connector with a single cable insertion. Electrical Test verifies that all connector pins are properly soldered. With Electrical Test you can make sure that components in the DUT are functional and soldering and assembly of the components is done properly.
DUT as Command Console
DFP (Downstream Facing Port) DUT can directly control UTC-274 through SDK, eliminating the need and cost of a control PC in the production line. UTC-274 SDK supports Windows, Linux, and MacOS operating systems.
DisplayPort Alternate Mode Test
UTC-274 supports DisplayPort 1.4 Reference Sink role which can test input video resolution, frame rate (Hz), pixel clock (MHz) and DP link training status to ensure that the DUT video output meets the expected specifications.
Power Delivery & EPR Test
UTC-274 supports PD 3.1 protocol, capable of providing a maximum power output of 65W (20V/3.25A) when acting as a Power Source and capable of requesting a maximum 15W (5V/3A) load when acting as a Power Sink. UTC-274 also supports latest PD 3.1 EPR (Extended Power Range) functionality, allowing to test maximum 240W (48V/5A) with an EPU (External Power Unit) both as Source and Sink.
USB Enumeration Test
UTC-274 can take on the role of UFP (Upstream Facing Port) which has built-in USB 2.0 and USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) storage capabilities and also support testing USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) capability by connecting an external USB Storage Device. With the UTC-274 SDK, user could test USB data read and write speed (MB/s).